Friday, February 1, 2013

Blankets and Snuggles

I have been obsessed with crochet blankets for the last week or so. Constantly looking at patterns, and other people's projects. I think it's because it's been so cold. Yay Minnesota - it's -17 degrees outside, but with windchill really feels like -45.

So I've been dreaming about warm blankets and hot chocolate. Snuggling on the couch with the boyfriend and the baby. Probably watching a marathon of some of our favorite shows on Netflix.

I've been working on a double sided shell afghan for my brother's birthday - it'll be super warm which I hope he'll like especially when he goes and gets chemo. I'm making it in Minnesota Twin's colors for him since he's a big fan (despite how they do during the season). The border around it is going to be white.

One thing I will say about this cold weather is that it has been nice crochet (and knitting too I suppose ;]) weather. Especially when working on a blanket. When you get far enough along it covers your legs quite nicely.

This cold weather has already got me thinking about what I'm going to make everyone for Christmas already! I've got all but I think two people figured out. Most are blankets - so we'll see how ambitious I get this year (especially with a newborn) the blankets might turn into scarves, hats, and mittens!


No comments:

Post a Comment