Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Commissioned Pieces

Lately I've been trying to work on some Christmas gifts because I'm a slower crocheter, but I've also had some time, albeit very little, to squeeze in a commissioned piece. It was a stuffed chicken that was to be gifted to my friend's nephew. He liked it enough that she asked me to crochet her a stuffed rabbit for her other nephew. They both show their animals at events for 4H I believe? I know they do state/county fairs. I'm pretty excited about this!

Now I'm trying to find a pattern that I like or at least figure out a base pattern to change. It's hard to find one that's not too girly. So I'm looking up patterns and I'm finding perfect patterns for other people. Like a shawl/shrug for my Mom, or a funky scarf for my niece. I'm looking through Lion Brand's database of crochet patterns trying to find their bunny one, but I'm finding all these other ones that have me reaching for my hooks.

On to other news, I'm thinking of getting some of my friends together for a possible Stitch 'n Bitch. I have a friend who knits, one who embroiders, one who is trying to be multi-craftual (she wants to knit, crochet, loom knit etc...), and then my mom who enjoys many crafts but is the one who taught me  how to crochet in the first place. I also have a friend (whom I recently told about this blog -- HI APRIL!) who wants to learn to crochet or knit. She's pretty decent at knitting I haven't watched her crochet, but her practice swatches show she has promise in amigurumi. ;)

Have you ever held a Stich' n Bitch? What were some things you liked? What are things you would have done differently?

Until next naptime...


No comments:

Post a Comment