Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kindle Carrier, Ravelry, and 1000 Books

So the last time I wanted to do a blog update my internet crapped out and for whatever reason blogger didn't save my progress. Here's a quick update about what's going on:

- I signed up for college. I graduated high school in 2007 and haven't been back to school since. It's about time, don't you think? Hehe. I'm excited and a little worried because of the little time I have now for anything.

- I've been crocheting, just not taking any pictures because my camera is stupid - and the camera phone just isn't the same. See below for reference.

It's a kindle carrier for my niece. She gets it for Christmas. She really likes the color orange, but I made her head bands out of the orange that I used for the flowers. Her second favorite color is blue, and I had a variegated yarn I had no idea what to do with, but I loved it. 

I'm debating on whether or not to line it with fabric because the base part of it is cluster stitches so it's a little gappy. I will probably make a liner if I find a fat square at the craft store that I like that goes with this. 

Also, with the carrier I have written down a pattern for it so I may offer it for free on Ravelry - or possibly on my blog. I wouldn't even care if you made it and sold it. ;)

(Do you have Ravelry? You should add me  http://www.ravelry.com/people/haileybee - I'm super nice I promise!) 

Another project I'm working on is a Hello Kitty inspired scarf for another niece. 
I just need to add her face and decide how I want the other end of the scarf to look.




In other news:

My, not so little any more, man turns 8 months on August 3rd, and we have him signed up for the 1,000 books before Kindergarten challenge at the library. I'm really excited, both me and his father love to read so I hope it's something he will enjoy too. Right now he's more interested in chewing on the book or pulling on the pages. 


Well, have a wonderful day everyone! Enjoy what's left of the summer!

Lord knows he's enjoying summer! Haha






No comments:

Post a Comment