Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Six

Trying something new today. I decided today I would showcase six awesome free patterns that I would love to try. I consider myself somewhere between beginner to intermediate at crocheter, so I know some of these would be a challenge to crochet. But I would be up for it.

I've never crocheted any thing wearable that wasn't a scarf or mittens, but this cardigan looks absolutely divine and warm. I might tone down the bell of the sleeve a little bit, just because I have a habit of getting my sleeves caught on things.

Now onto things for the home! I absolutely love Lucy from Attic24 and the colors she picks for her items. Always bright colors that work so well together that are happiness inducing. I love it. Eventually my home will also be filled with colorful crocheted pieces. I will start small with blooming cushions for the couch, possibly in different sizes. Yes, I can picture it now... 


This blanket goes along with my love of bright colors, but it also looks beautiful in pastel colors too! It eats up a lot of yarn, but imagine how warm it would be in the middle of winter during a blizzard... 

In bright colors it's beautiful

but it's also lovely in pastels!

I want to get better at amigurumi so I can make toys for the baby boy. This dragon would be so cool. What little boy wouldn't want a dragon?! 


I would love to learn how to do the crocodile stitch and this clutch would be a good way to learn. It's also a cute flippin' clutch. It would also be nice for going out. It would fit your wallet, cell phone, lip gloss, and your keys. Which of course is all I should bring when I go out, instead of my massive purse that has you know... all of that and a book, a crochet project, candy... among other baby items that I didn't shove in the diaper bag.

Also, check out her blog for other amazing crochet patterns!

One thing I want to try at least once is crocheting with thread and making a doily. This one is really pretty and doesn't look like it would be that difficult to make and it looks nice in different colors. 



There you have it! Six free patterns that I would love to try and attempt to make. One day I will. And one day my home will be filled with brightly colored crochet items! Anyways - have a lovely rest of your weekend and I should get some stitching done before baby wakes up!




No comments:

Post a Comment