Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Scarves During Naptime

My boyfriend's parents are coming up Mid January to visit and to see the baby so I have a little bit of extra time to work on her Christmas present which happens to be an angel stitch scarf.

I'm using Lion Brand Amazing yarn in Glacier Bay. It's 53% wool and 47% acrylic so it's machine washable (but don't throw it in your dryer) I'm not sure if I like this yarn yet - if you make a mistake it's not very forgiving to go back and fix. That being said I do like the colors. I just wish there was more blue in it. However it's light weight and seems like it would be warm despite the lightness.

Using an H (5.00mm) hook and 
this pattern: Angel Stitch Scarf

His mom likes more earthy tones (I learned this after I started the scarf) so I hope she likes it. I'm also working on a scarf for a friend's birthday at the end of January. It's the grapefruit scarf in the Twinkie Chan book - but since both colors she used for the scarf are discontinued I'm trying to make it work with worsted weight yarn. Not sure how it's going to work yet but I will get it to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment