Thursday, January 24, 2013

So this week was hectic.

Time has flown by since I last posted! We had family visit from out of town to see the Little Man for the first time. They were quite enamored with him, and he wasn't sure what to make of them. And, now he's getting to the point where he's started fighting sleep instead of embracing it so we're up with him super late trying to get him to sleep. I know this won't last long and that at some point I *will* miss our late nights, but dang I need some sleep. 

Anyway - I decided to make my boyfriend's mom a blanket - she's always cold and she liked the scarf I made her so I know she appreciates handmade things. I felt bad when she was visiting because it was our cold snap - the coldest it has been here in four years. We're talking thirty below. 

Here are the patterns I found on Ravelry that might make the cut:

This one is a baby blanket, but I like the design and shape. It would be easy to keep up with the increases and make it a bigger throw blanket too. I probably wouldn't make this blanket with pink - she likes more earthy tones and purples. 


She would like this blanket too. I think it would be wonderful in a white or cream instead of bright pink. It would match her living room however she decided to decorate it. 


I really like this motif - I think it would help keep making the blanket interesting! I also love the color!


No comments:

Post a Comment